How to make paper carnationsHello everyone! I know that it is still winter but don't frown. Spring is coming! Springtime is a very wonderful time of the year. The plants start growing back,the flowers start to bloom,and there is fresh green grass starting to pop up from the ground. Doesn't that sound so wonderful? Spring is the time of the year that everything gets pretty. So, today we are going to make paper carnations.
Paper carnations are fun and easy to make. These paper carnations can be made in any colors you want. For sure this craft will bring Spring into your home! Paper carnations are not real flowers(Obviously!They are made out of paper.) so they will not make a mess in your home and you do not need to water them. These paper carnations will stay in a good condition for a long time so you can show these flowers off in your home for a long time. I hope that everyone will enjoy this craft. Now lets get started!
- any color tissue paper
- pipe cleaners(chenille stems)
1. Layer 3-4 sheets of tissue paper and then cut them into 4-5” wide strips that are 12” long.
2. Cut about 1.5” off the end of a pipe cleaner(chenille stem) and set aside.Take the remaining piece of the chenille stem and lay about 2” of it onto the tissue paper and roll up (starting at the short end) around the pipe cleaner(chenille stem).
3. Once you completely rolled it up, take the short piece of the pipe cleaner (chenille stem) that you cut off earlier and twist it around the bottom of the tissue paper to hold it in place.
4. Use scissors to cut 2-3” long slits down from the top of the rolled tissue paper. Continue around until all strips are cut.
5. Roll up a 6”x2” piece of green tissue paper and place at the top of the flower stem.
6. Grab the bottom of the stem and bring it up and over the green tissue paper and twist tight. These are the flower’s leaves.
7. Repeat, making several different flowers, then combine the stems to make a bouquet.
8. Twist the stem of any one of the flowers around the rest of the stems to hold them all together.
9. Place them in a vase and use them as a table centerpiece.
Tips: If you want a scent to your flowers you can spray some perfume on your flower bouquet.
I got this craft from: http://crafts.kaboose.com/tissue-paper-carnations.html