Digital art is art that you can make with technology. Digital art has transformed art into something you can do online. The meaning of Digital art is: a general term for a range of artistic works and practices that use digital technology as an essential part of the creative and/or presentation process. Most Digital art is made for advertisements or for special effects in films. Digital art is mostly 2D visual information displayed on a monitor, and then, the information mathematically translates into 3D information, viewed through the perspective projection on a monitor. The simplest is 2D computer graphics which reflect how you might draw using a pencil and a piece of paper.
Sequential art is like comics. But, some early examples of sequential art are cave paintings or Egyptian hieroglyphs. Greeks also made Sequential sculpture. They would make vases to tell stories. The pottery they made lacked color and used sculpture instead. Another example of Sequential art is weaving. Weaving can also tell a story. Most recently we use comics.You can find them in the pages of magazines and newspapers.
This first chart will show you the pros and cons of Digital Art.
- can make with technology
- can be used in films as special effects
- can be used in advertisements
- new features can bring new ideas
- many options for the tools
- easy to edit
- replaces the real art
- can make paintings exactly the same as the real thing
- does not provide the texture and volume of the real art
- does not have the real art effect
- some techniques are harder to do
This second chart is about the pros and cons about Sequential Art.
- form of using images deployed in sequence
- can be comics, Greek pottery, Egyptian hieroglyphs,etc.
- was not digital
- sometimes was pieces of history
- it was like "real"art
- may be expensive to get materials
- takes longer to make
- less convenient
- takes more of an art experience
- not many options for the tools
- The Penguins (Madagascar Series)
- Gingerbread Man (Shrek Series)
- Roz (Monster's Inc.)
- Disney's Toy Story 3
- Edna Mode (The Incredibles)
Both Digital art and Sequential art both have good reasons. Digital art is the modern way to do art. Sequential art is another classic type of art. Which do you prefer? Take the poll to find out which one is better.